The Women’s Foundation of Arkansas is looking for an Executive Assistant & Communications Specialist full-time position. We are looking for an outstanding person that is eager for an opportunity to develop with the organization as we continue to grow our capacity and impact. As this person will be responsible for all of our external communications, experience/education in marketing and public relations is highly desirable in addition to exemplary interpersonal skills. We are seeking both qualified and well recommended candidates to join our team!
The Executive Assistant & Communications Specialist performs administrative duties for the Executive Director. Responsibilities may include screening calls, managing calendars, making travel arrangements, meeting and event arrangements, preparing reports and financial bids from subcontractors, working with board members, WFA volunteer management, and customer relations. This position plays a critical role as liaison to the Executive Director for all major WFA activities, and manages all WFA software and digital communication; including but not limited to: websites, social media, e-newsletters, media & press releases, and graphic design of in-house materials.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Executive Assistant & Communications Specialist has specific responsibilities including, but not limited to the individual items listed below.
- Manage all administrative duties including: answering phone, managing admin email account, check and sort mail, deposit checks, file paperwork, manage Executive Director’s calendar and schedule appointments/ arrange travel
- Create monthly action plan, review and update with Executive Director twice a month
- Prepare monthly board packets, take minutes at the Executive and regularly schedule Board meetings, and any other meetings as needed. Ensure all board members & committee members have distributed materials in a timely fashion
- Attend and represent WFA in official capacity at meetings and events as directed and deemed appropriate by the Executive Director
- Manage and log volunteer service hours for all WFA initiatives and programs.
- Manage all digital communication tools for the WFA, including managing and updating the WFA website as needed (via WordPress), managing all WFA social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn), create monthly e-communications including newsletters, campaigns, announcements, etc. (via Constant Contact)
- Manage graphic design of in-house materials including flyers, graphics, brochures, etc. (via Adobe Illustrator)
- Work with Executive Director and other parties in planning and executing programs & events, including venues, caterers, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or four years of related experience, preferred degree in Communications/ Public Relations discipline.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience in website and social media management
- Knowledge of project management, program and event planning
- Knowledge and/or experience in volunteer management. Prior volunteer history a plus
- Knowledge of evaluation methods and analytical skills
- Knowledge of women’s issues and statistics for women and children a plus
- Knowledge of leadership and management principles as they relate to non-profit/voluntary organizations
- Highly adaptable in a small team, self-directed environment.
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time management
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal. Strong presentation skills, with competence in public speaking and networking.
- Commitment and desire to the WFA Mission and helping the organization achieve its goals and objectives.
- Three or more years of administrative and/or communication experience in a voluntary sector organization preferred. Comparable work experience or education/training will be accepted.
- Experience in graphic design (Adobe Illustrator)
- Experience in website management (WordPress)
- Experience in social media management (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
If interested in applying, please email your resume, cover letter, and recommendations to Anna Beth Gorman, Executive Director, at email@example.com
Anna Beth Gorman is the executive director of the Women’s Foundation of Arkansas.